There’s a mandatory change being made by SagePay this year migrating all customers from protocol v2 to v3. If you run a BFI ecommerce website, it’s likely that your current payment integration will no longer function after July 31st 2015. To continue taking online payments into August, your website must be updated to use the new v3 protocol.
Unless you ask us not to, your website will be upgraded from SagePay v2 to SagePay v3 during May & June. This will be a billable upgrade.
The upgrade process is low-risk and will work as follows:
- We’ll contact you to arrange the upgrade. One of the BFI team members will let you know the price & the upgrade date.
- We’ll build a new additional v3 payment module and apply it to your live website, but we won’t enable it.
- We’ll configure and test the v3 module, without live customers being able to see it.
- Once tested, we’ll enable the v3 module and give you a call. You’ll be able to put through a live transaction using your card, and then refund it.
- Once this second test is complete, we’ll remove the old v2 module from your website.
- The upgrade is complete.
At the moment there is nothing you’ll need to do. We’re working through our clients in batches and will contact everyone affected in the next 4-6 weeks to arrange your upgrade.
It’s likely that SagePay will have emailed you already, and may call too. You can let them know that everything is in hand and refer them to this page. We’re planning for all websites to be upgraded by the end of May 2015.